This historic building was constructed in 1875 on the square in downtown LaGrange, Georgia. It is the oldest remaining building on the square. In 1898 a room was added to the front and a Mesker Brothers decorative metal storefront was added to the building which is still in tact today and gives the building its ornate look. Principle Construction restored and renovated the building in an effort to prevent demolition and preserve the historic character of downtown LaGrange. The Davis building features a basement and two floors above ground. A steel frame was added inside the load bearing walls. An EIFS system was applied to the exterior. The project owner is United Investors, project architect was Smith Design Group, and the project engineer was Stothard Engineering.
The first floor now houses a boutique and the second floor houses Lafayette Loft.